I hope that some day, the children will be writing their own book reports. But for now, I want to at least document what we have read.
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
(read aloud by Mom)
Characters - Robinson Crusoe
- Friday
Location - Desert Island
Synopsis: (as transcribed from conversation with Noah)
He was on the island for 2000 years, I guess. He got up to 90 years old, I guess. He would make stuff really well. He took good care of his goats, parrots and dogs. He took good care of Sunday (Mom- "I think you mean 'Friday'" Noah: "Yeah, Friday.") He was a good master.
The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
(audiobook)
Characters - Matt: a 12 year old boy
Attean: a young Indian boy from the Beaver tribe
Location - the Maine wilderness - late 1700 -early 1800s
Snyposis: A young boy is left to keep the homestead while his father goes to fetch the rest of the family from Massachusets. The wilderness proves to be more difficult than expected. When he finds himself attacked by a swarm of bees, he is nursed back to health by strangers from the woods. The strangers are natives from the Beaver tribe. The cheif promises to help Matt while he is healing in exchange for teaching Attean how to read the white man's words. The boys become friends and Matt learns more from Attean than he can teach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment