Saturday, September 13, 2008

Soduko

Noah is learning to play Sudoku. I am excited about how quickly he seems to be picking up on the concepts. I think that it is exercising logic and reasoning skills.

The basics of the game - there are 9 squares - 3 rows by 3 columns- each with 9 smaller squares. Each of the bigger squares will have the numbers 1 through 9 occurring only once. You must also make sure that each number only occurs once in each row and only once in each column. Each game starts with some of the squares filled in. The more complex puzzles have very few completed squares and the easier, more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm late in commenting because I forgot about this blog!

Well, and seeing as how you have not updated in a long time, i'm guessing maybe you have, too? :)

Anyway, Amy enjoys Soduko as well. Such a great brain game.

Awesome for you for introducing it to him. Fabulous homeschooling thing to do...give his brain something to chew on!

Love your smart kids.

Nathan Jensen said...

Cute Blog Sarah! It's a great idea.

shrubbunny said...

Sudoku is fabulous for developing neural connections in the CNS. It keeps em busy along time too!!!

Brandy said...

I will have to show kari you blog, as she is home schooling as well!

Amanda said...

I just found this blog, what a great I idea! I'm going to start one for our family right now, a great record of what you're teaching and what the kiddos are learning! Thanks for sharing!